Marketing Jobs That Will Make a Difference
Welcome to Jobs in Pods, the only podcast where you can hear real employers and leading recruiters talk about their jobs and how to get them. I’m your host Peter Clayton. This job cast will feature marketing roles for the Quaker Division of PepsiCo. We’ll be speaking today with Becky Frankiewicz, Vice President of Innovation at Quaker, a company and a brand committed to a phenomenal growth trajectory over the next decade.
“PepsiCo as a whole, I would say has a culture of aggressive growth, really different shade of thinking and I think Quaker is similar in that regard. I think the nuance to Quaker is we are a group of individuals committed to helping Americans eat better and live better holistic lives. Those aren’t just words for us. Really, we’re committed to making sure we’re simple in our nutritional communication, that we meet the basics that consumers are looking and communicate in a way that they can understand and that we as individuals are committed to helping wellness for ourselves as for our families as well as for our employees and our consumers. And so I’d say that’s really the difference you get from Quaker, is we are a group of people committed to a common purpose around health and wellness.”
Becky Frankiewicz, VP Innovation
Questions We Asked Becky:
- Tell us a little bit about your career with Quaker — I know you recently relocated to Chicago.
- You were telling me Quaker has committed to growing from a $3 Billion business to a $30 Billion business by 2010?
- To help realize that growth you’ll need great marketing talent. Tell us about some of the possible opportunities you currently have in Chicago.
- Describe for us your ideal candidate. What kind of educational background and experience are you looking for?
- What is the culture like at Quaker?
- What are the possibilities for advancing their skills and knowledge at Quaker?
- What about promotions? What does a career path look like for someone joining Quaker in the marketing department?
- What advice can you share for someone interviewing at Quaker. What impresses you?
- What’s the best part about your job?
Visit the PepsiCo/Professional Careers Page (do a keyword search for Quaker)