Welcome to an all-new episode of Travel Nursing Insider. I’m your host, Peter Clayton. While the travel nursing profession has flourished over the last 20 years, there are still many misconceptions about working as a travel nurse. Today, we’re going to be talking to Lindsay Francis and Suzanne Johnson, travel nursing recruiters from Onward Healthcare, who are going to help set the record straight, and address some of the common misconceptions and myths that are associated with travel nursing.
Listen Now![audio:http://traffic.libsyn.com/jobcasts/travel_nursing_insider_12.mp3 ]
Questions Lindsay and Suzanne answer in this episode.
1. So Lindsay and Suzanne, let’s start off by talking about travel nursing. Is it a less stable career choice during the current economy?
2. Lindsay, are those across the country or are there specific geographic areas that you’re seeing a lot of need?
3. And Suzanne, talk to us a little bit about a career as a travel nurse. What does it do to your resume?
4. You know, another misconception out there, Lindsay, is that if you work as a travel nurse, every three months you’re going to have to take on a new assignment. Can you address that for us?
5. And listen up, baby-boomers, you are not too old to work as a travel nurse! Am I right, Lindsay?
6. Peter: How are travel nurses treated by permanent staff?
Stay tuned for part 2 of Fact vs Fiction: Travel Nursing myths, coming soon. Lindsay and Suzanne will tell us about resume myths, agency myths, and career paths available to travel nurses.
Visit Onward Heathcare’s Travel Nurising Insider