Travel Therapy Career Cast is brought to you by Onward Healthcare, a leading nationwide provider of physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech language pathology jobs. If you’re looking to get started as a travel therapist, you should apply online at www.onwardhealthcare.com or call 1-800-278-0332 and speak to an experienced recruiter today.
Listen Now![audio: http://traffic.libsyn.com/jobcasts/travel_therapy_career_cast_4.mp3]
In This episode, Hillary O’Keefe interviews Barbara Johnson., senior recruitment manager for Onward Healthcare.
Questions Hillary ask Barb:
1. Today, we are going to discuss the best ways to ace your interview once you and your recruiter find a great opportunity for you to pursue. So, before we get into the interview techniques and tips for success, let’s talk about what our listeners should expect. Are most travel therapy interviews conducted over the phone?
2. How does the phone interview get setup? Is this something that is completely on your end or do the travel therapists need to initiate the process?
3. When the interview process starts, is there a phone screen first, or does it cut right to the chase and get into the real interview?
4. How do I want to prepare myself and, of course, my immediate environment to ensure a really successful call?
5. How long do these calls usually last?
6. Are there standard questions that the travel therapist should be prepared to answer during the interview?
7. How much competition is there for a typical travel therapy opening and what kind of tips and advice do you recommend for me, if I’m interviewing, as a great way to standout from the rest of the competition?
8. Once the call is over, what is the next step I should take if I really, really want that job?
9. What “hot jobs” do you have right now, and where are they located?
Download the MP3 File Of this episode!
Thank you for tuning in to Travel Therapy Career Cast. For more information on beginning an exciting career as a travel therapist, you should visit Onward Healthcare at www.onwardhealthcare.com or call 1-800-278-0332 to speak with one of our experienced recruiters.
Follow Onward Healthcare on Twitter at Twitter.com/onwardhealth and
Fan them on Facebook at Facebook.com/travelnursing.