On today’s podcast, we’re going to focus on recruiting military veterans at General Electric. I’ll be speaking with Dave Ferguson, US Army Major, (Ret). Dave is GE’s manager of military staffing and recruiting. He holds a BS in mechanical engineering from West Point and an MBA from Xavier University.
Listen Now![audio: http://traffic.libsyn.com/jobcasts/ge_military_recruiting_dave_ferguson.mp3]
“I tell people I think I have the best job at General Electric because not only do I feel like I’m doing a good job for GE and really helping the company grow and find great talent, but I also feel like I’m giving something back to the veteran community, which as a veteran myself, I just get a lot of personal satisfaction out of. ” Dave Ferguson
Questions we ask Dave in this Jobcast:
1. Dave, can you tell us a little bit more about your background and your role as GE’s manager of military staffing and recruiting.
2. Tell us about some challenges in transitioning from active duty in the military to a civilian career?
3. Dave, what is the secret to getting a job as a veteran? I know you go to a lot of career fairs specifically for veterans. What advice can you share with us regarding joining GE or for that matter, most corporations?
4. Let’s take this one step further, Dave; what kind of advice would you have for a military veteran who is starting their career at GE? How can they be successful?
5. One last question – why should military veterans apply for a job with GE?
Download this jobcast (mp3 audio file)
To see all the current open positions with GE, visit www.ge.com/careers.
You can find Jobs in Pods anywhere podcasts are including iTunes, podcast.com and even YouTube. And to stay current with all the great jobs, employers and recruiters featured in our jobcasts, check out our growing Jobs In Pods Facebook community and join in the conversation. Follow us on Twitter @jobsinpods and connect with our LinkedIn group, Recruiting with Social Media.