On today’s jobcast, we’re going to talk with Jamie Smith, part of the GE Junior Officer Leadership Program (JOLP). Jamie joined GE Energy in October of 2010 after spending ten years in the US Coast Guard. He is currently a business development manager for GE’s gas engines business, where he is responsible for a sales territory that spans North America.
“I felt a program like JOLP would give me the opportunity to explore a couple of different functional rotations, as well as a couple of different areas of the business and really figure out what I wanted to do.”
Download this jobcast to your computer (mp3 audio file)
Questions we ask Jamie in this Jobcast:
1. Tell us about your transition to GE from the military
2. Give us some background regarding the Junior Officer Leadership Program.
3. How did you learn about JOLP and why did you decide to join GE?
4. Tell us about some of the roles that you’ve been in since you started at GE.
5. Jamie, could you give us some advice for new hires from the military coming into GE?
6. How do you think your military experience has helped you succeed in your civilian career?
To see all the current open positions with GE, visit www.ge.com/careers.
You can find Jobs in Pods anywhere podcasts are including iTunes, podcast.com and even YouTube. And to stay current with all the great jobs, employers and recruiters featured in our jobcasts, check out our growing Jobs In Pods Facebook community and join in the conversation.
Follow us on Twitter @jobsinpods and connect with our LinkedIn group, Recruiting with Social Media.