If you are a recent college grad or a college senior we have an exciting show for you today. On this jobcast our guest is Steve Cairns, manager of GEICO’s corporate-wide college recruiting efforts.
Listen Now![audio: http://traffic.libsyn.com/jobcasts/geico_career_opportunities_for_college_grads.mp3]
Steve is in charge of the company’s National College Recruiting Team, and directs the recruitment strategies for GEICO’s Regional College Recruiters.
GEICO, of course, is one of the nation’s largest and fastest-growing insurance companies, thanks to their low rates, clever marketing and outstanding customer service!
Questions we ask Steve in this Jobcast:
1. Steve, I’ve often heard that GEICO is a great place to launch a career – what, in your opinion, makes GEICO so special?
2. When you and your team are visiting college campuses what types of students are you looking to recruit? (Any specific college majors, etc?)
3. What really impresses you in a job interview?
4. What is the culture like at GEICO? Is it true you have sports teams, community service events, onsite gyms and fitness classes?
5. I understand GEICO is truly a “promote from within” company. Can you give us some examples, and what does it take to succeed at GEICO?
6. Your headquarters is located in Chevy Chase, Maryland (which is sort of a suburb of Washington, DC), however, you have major office locations across the country?
Download this Jobcast! (mp3 audio file)
Remember: you can find Jobs in Pods anywhere podcasts are including iTunes, podcast.com and even YouTube… and to stay current with all the great jobs, employers and recruiters featured in our jobcasts, check out our growing Jobs In Pods Facebook community, and join in the conversation!
Thanks for listening!