We dive into the fields of web design and web development in our latest Onward Search Career Cast podcast as Account Executive Cindy Caldwell joins host Peter Clayton to discuss the latest trends for these professionals and what’s happening in the Atlanta job market.
Cindy provides excellent insight regarding how web design and development professionals differ, how one can prepare to enter either of these fields, and what opportunities exist in the Atlanta area.[audio:http://media.libsyn.com/media/jobcasts/onward_search_career_cast_10.mp3]
Download the mp3 Audio
Questions we ask Cindy in this Jobcast:
1) What are the main differences between web developers and web designers?
2) How should students in either field prepare themselves to enter this market?
3) Is it more competitive than other design and development fields? Are there ways a professional web designer or developer can distinguish themselves from the rest of the talent pool?
4) Are you seeing any trends regarding the most in demand skills these professionals should possess? What are hiring companies looking for the most?
Clean design, easy navigation and user interface.
5) Should web developers and designers have experience in, or at least an understanding of other areas like social media or search marketing?
6) In the Atlanta area, what are you seeing in terms of hiring trends? Are these designers and developers highly coveted at the moment?
7) What are some of the “hot jobs” you’re trying to find great candidates for?