Welcome to Jobs in Pods with you host, Peter Clayton.
On today’s jobcast you’ll meet Ed Hall, Senior General Manager, Engine Technologies, GE Transportation, and Eric Dillen, Dual Fuel Program Leader with GE Transportation. Both Ed and Eric are based in Erie, PA.
GE Transportation is a global technology leader and supplier to the railroad, marine, drilling, wind and mining industries. GE provides freight and passenger locomotives, railway signaling and communications systems, information technology solutions, marine engines, motorized drive systems for mining trucks and drills, high-quality replacement parts and value added services.
Questions we ask Ed and Eric in this jobcast:
1. Ed, can you tell us a little bit more about GE Transportation, and what your specific role is?
2. Eric, describe your role as “Dual Fuel Program Leader?”
3. Ed, you’ve been with GE for about 12 years. What do you like about your job and the culture at GE Transportation?
4. Eric, tell us about the kind of candidates you’re looking to recruit. What kind of skills are you looking for?
5. Ed, you know, trains have been around for so long that I don’t think people realize what an incredible, high-tech piece of engineering goes into modern locomotives.
6. Eric can you tell us about your work in emissions development for locomotives?
7. Ed, please describe for us the ideal candidate for GE Transportation.
8. Eric, what do you like about your job and working for GE?
Download this Jobcast – Mp3 Audio File
Learn about great career opportunities at GE Transportation
And remember: you can find us anywhere podcasts are including iTunes, podcast.com and even YouTube... and to stay current with all the great jobs, employers and recruiters featured in our jobcasts, check out our growing Jobs In Pods Facebook community, and join in the conversation! Thanks for listening!